About Independent Asset Managers
Independent Asset Managers (IAMs) are senior finance professionals who operate independently. Concentrating on private investors and high net worth individuals, IAMs play an important role in the strategic function of wealth management. Holding key client relationships which are free from any conflicts of interest, IAMs are relationship-focused, advisory-driven and solutions-based practitioners. While IAMs face tighter regulations in recent years, their numbers continue to increase in Singapore.
AIAM is a voluntary commitment by a team of professionals united by the same dedication to build a local community for fellow IAM practitioners. Established in 2011 by proactive IAMs, AIAM is recognised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
As the professional body for IAMs, AIAM champions best industry practices to elevate overall standards of the IAM profession in Singapore. AIAM aims to empower members through education, training development and networking. These proactive initiatives promote the sharing of asset management knowledge with industry practitioners and leading institutions around the world.
As of 2016, AIAM has over 60 Ordinary and Associate Members from IAMs and service providers in Singapore. As the representative body for the IAM industry, AIAM actively represents the views of the industry and acts as the forum for dialogue with various stakeholders in the community.
- Represent the interests of AIAM members to help various stakeholders correctly understand the role of IAMs
- Uphold and enhance the professional standing and reputation of IAMs in Singapore and abroad
- Collaborate with industry practitioners and regulators to communicate and understand new market practices, including updated regulatory guidelines
- Provide compliance and training development to enhance business support to members on an affordable cost basis
- Promote best practices, level the playing field and act as a forum for networking and exchanges amongst industry peers
Our vision is to be the professional body and voice for IAMs in Singapore. As the Centre of excellence, we represent the interests of IAMs by educating, informing and upholding the integrity of IAM practitioners in Singapore.
Our Core Values